Langenburg Community Thrift Shop, Castle Closet, is a non-profit organization solely funded by second-hand items and cash donations. It's a place where more than 40 volunteers share their commitment, passion, and energy to help grow the surrounding area.
OUR MISSION: To generate funds to help Langenburg and area communities to grow by donating earned profit to local groups, organizations, and individuals in need.
- Adaptability. We are flexible and responsive in meeting ever-changing needs in our community.
- Compassion. We show and create a kind and friendly atmosphere in the Langenburg area.
- Educations & Awareness. We create a place where students can volunteer and learn various community-building tactics.
- Transparency. Our meetings are open to everyone, and annual financial reports are accessible to the public.
- Safety. We ensure a safe workplace and safe second-hand items that we sell.
OUR VOLUNTEER BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
- President JoAnna Thiemann
- Vice President
- Treasure Beryl Wagner
- Secretary Lisa Kerr
- Marketing Director Lisa Kerr
- Volunteer Director Betty Buchberger
- Sales Director Mardel O'Byrne
OUR SERVICE AREA:
The Castle Closet serves surrounding communities that are welcome to volunteer or donate. The shop will support those communities by giving back to their needs.
OUR SERVICES AND PROGRAMS:
- The Castle Closet Grant. Communities can apply for the grant all year round and are reviewed monthly by the Board Of Directors.
- Youth Involvement. The shop recognizes the importance of youth involvement in community building and gladly provides students (must be at least 10 years old) with volunteer experience.
The Thrift Shop is NOW OPEN!
Right now the shop accepts items and cash donations at the shop:
- Tuesdays, 10:00 - 1:00 PM
- Wednesday 2:00 - 5:00 PM
- Thursdays, 10:00 - 1:00 PM
- Friday 2:00 - 5:00 PM
- Saturday 9:00 - 12:00 PM
We invite you to join the Board of Directors or come to volunteer at the store!
Please contact our Volunteer Director Betty Buchberger, at (306) 743-7719, firstname.lastname@example.org
JoAnna Thiemann, President
P: (306) 401 -8080