To develop a sustainable, trail network through Langenburg which is designed and maintained to standards that meet diversity of user needs and enhance the healthy, tourism and economic prosperity of our community while respecting the natural environment and highlight the beautiful attributes of our land.
- To design foot paths on natural surfaces for community members to enjoy
- Create on-road / off-road bicycle routes
- Connecting our walkways/ sidewalks
- Provide opportunity to connect with nature
- Incorporate snow show and x-country winter options
The Preliminary Plan:
4 Phases - Vision
Phase 1: North/East of Langenburg : Current Route 3.11 Km
We suggest starting at North Park (end of 4th street)
Implementation August 2020
- Tree planting
- More permanent pathway eg: reclaimed asphalt
- Improvements in North Park that could include: bike pump track, pickleball court etc.
Phase 2: North/West Highway 8 - Beginning at Lift Station
Implementation Spring 2021 providing land lease agreements are in place. More information to come.
Phase 3: South side of Langenburg
Phase 4: Lift station heading east of town following Smith Creek
Send us your thoughts and opinions: https://forms.gle/SJzvTAF2vm5t1s4U7