"The experience that results from freely chosen participation in physical, social, intellectual, creative and spiritual pursuits that enhance individual and community well being."
envisions a community in which everyone is engaged in meaningful, accessible recreation experiences that foster:
• Individual wellbeing,
• Community wellbeing, and
• The wellbeing of our natural and built environments
The National Framework for Recreation in Canada (2015) is used as the foundation for the development of the mission, goals, objectives and priorities.
Investing in our community is crucial to realizing the town's mission of
making Langenburg a safe, attractive, and progressive community in which to live and grow....
Langenburg Community Development Board is committed to building individual, organizational and community capacity that will enhance the overall well-being of individuals and families and contribute to the positive growth and development of our community, therefore:
The Langenburg Community Development Board will...
- Support the development and sustainability of community based organizations.
- Engage and support individuals and organizations to provide support for community based organizations.
- Mobilize individuals, families and community organizations to promote a vibrant sense of community.
- Connect people to resources and information.
- Encourage the development of, and provide support for, partnerships and co-operative relationships.
- Ensure people have opportunities to make positive, healthy lifestyle choices.
- Ensure people have access to a broad range of affordable and accessible sport, culture, parks, recreation and active living opportunities.
- Protect parks, open spaces and the natural environment to ensure that they remain accessible for public enjoyment.