Christmas Hamper Program
The Langenburg Ministerial Association sponsors a Christmas Hamper program that runs every year on November - December months. The program recipients are families who are financially in need, either because they under employed, have recently moved and are needing help getting settled, or have medical costs that are difficult to meet on their monthly income. The Langenburg hamper program covers 1,728 square km of eastern Saskatchewan.
Donations to the food hampers come from:
- an annual food drive at the Langenburg Central School;
- deposit boxes at stores throughout the town;
- money raised at the Langenburg Carol Festival;
- money donated at fundraising lunches, sponsored by the Ministerial Association;
- Churchbridge Credit Union Langenburg Branch that donates turkeys and hams.
The citizens of Langenburg are tremendous supporters of the Christmas Hamper program. Every request has been filled.
Christmas Hamper Program Representative