In January 2019, Langenburg Community Development Board launched social media storytelling campaign #whylangenburg.
Storytelling can be described as taking general information and making it feel important, impassioned and interesting. It’s about emotions and experiences.
- To bring attention to Langenburg by telling stories about our community assets, including local businesses, exceptional people, facilities, industries, talents, quality of life and many more;
- To connect residents and town, engaging communication on social media platforms. That residents will feel included in the town's decisions and growth, and will be proud to call this community their home;
- To create an effective marketing channel by increasing town social media active followers.
LCDB prepares weekly #whylangenburg social media posts about our assets, including those projects:
- #shoplocal (local businesses stories);
- #peopleoflangenburg (exceptional people, we are proud of);
- #liveinlangenburg (tax info, job opportunities etc.);
- #historyoflangenburg (town history);
- #welcomenewcomers (new people who moved to our community);
- #featuringlangenburgassets (local groups and organizations);
- #whatsgoingonlangenburg (list of local events).
Join our campaign #whylangenburg:
- by liking/following our Facebook/Instagram page
- submitting your story at firstname.lastname@example.org