In January 2019, the Langenburg Community Development Board launched a social media marketing campaign #whylangenburg!
The campaign goal is to INFORM, CONNECT and BUILD within the community we are living in.
- To increase the visibility of Langenburg is a wonderful place to raise a family, work, or have a business. We showcase our business, people, facilities, recreational programs, events, non-profit organizations and groups, and much more;
- To connect residents and the area with the town happenings by creating a platform for discussion, communication, and active participation;
- To create pride between locals about the place they live;
- To build an effective marketing channel to spread the word about our community.
Community Development Office creates posts series (sub-campaigns) that are periodically posted on social media accounts to achieve the above-mentioned goals:
- #shoplocal (businesses stories and people behind them);
- #peopleoflangenburg (local people stories);
- #liveinlangenburg (short facts about community well-being: tax incentives, job opportunities, clean water, etc.);
- #historyoflangenburg (short town history facts);
- #livelocal (posts encouraging people to live local e.i. entertain locally, attend local events, telling stories about what is behind each event);
- #whatsgoingonlangenburg (list of local events).