- Saves you time and money on trips.
- Instead of driving to the city you have more time to spend with your loved ones.
- Your local shops and services can offer choices and options you just can’t get anywhere else. Unique hand crafted items and fresher food are among the advantages.
- Being a "local” at a nearby shop or restaurant can be a great feeling. Having a shop or service owner who knows what you want, and is willing to order the things they don’t have just for you, is a whole new level of convenience. Also, you’re getting to know neighbours, newcomers and helping to build community spirit.
- Beyond feel-good community building, shopping locally has definite economic benefits. Studies suggest that each $100 spent at local independent stores in turn generates $45 of secondary local spending.
- Strong local shopping areas have a positive impact on local property values.
- Locally owned businesses create more jobs locally and can provide better wages.
- Community based stores help to sustain a vibrant and charming town center which will attract tourists and other visitors.
- Local businesses generously contributing to local causes: sports, events, projects and charities (250% more than big corporations!).
- A brisk walk through your neighbourhood makes a nice dent in Health Canada’s recommended 150 minutes of exercise per week!
From convenience to economics, it’s clear that shopping locally has benefits! Next time you need to buy a gift or a car, want to go for supper, to do family photos, to learn piano, need something to renovate, build or repair, or just want some beauty time, why not check out what’s just outside your door? It takes just a small change, try something yourself to spending a percentage of your budget in local stores before heading to the cities.
The Town of Langenburg Community Development Board promotes the belief that by supporting and promoting small business, we make a huge change toward a stronger community and economy.
Visit Town of Langenburg Business Directory and keep your money home!
EAT, SHOP, HIRE LOCAL AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!