angenburg Garbage & Recycling
Refuse/Black Bin Pick Up starts on January 7th, 2016 and will be picked up every second Thursday from that week forward.
Recycling/Blue Bin Pick Up starts on January 14th, 2016 and will be picked up every second Thursday from that week forward
The schedule is also listed on the calendar on the front page of the website!
What can we recycle in our Blue Bins?
What is NOT accepted?
Black Bin Pick Up
Following a few simple steps will ensure proper disposal of your refuse:
- Bag all refuse prior to placing it in the cart.
- Pull the cart - it's easier than pushing.
- Keep the lid closed. You must be able to close the lid without packing the garbage in the cart otherwise the excess weight will make emptying the cart more difficult.
- Always have the wheels of the container facing the curb. If your house is on a street or avenue without a curb, please place the container on the road making sure the garbage truck can reach the cart.
- If there is a snow bank built up along the curb, ensure the cart is out further than the snow bank. Residents should refrain from parking on the street on collection day, however, if there are vehicles on the street, please place the container in the location as illustrated in the "Residential Roll Out Cart Placement Guidelines".
- Your cart must be placed on the street or avenue which corresponds with your address.
- To avoid having your cart missed;please place it out the night before your assigned collection day.
- Remove empty carts from the street and properly store them at the back of your home.
- For your child's safety, do not allow them to play near the roll out carts or the garbage collection vehicle.
Other important facts to remember:
- Do not remove the cart from its assigned address. If you move, the cart must remain at that location for the next residents use.
- Do not paint or write on the cart.
- Do not dispose of hot ashes, oil or contaminants in the cart.
- Do not put construction debris in the cart.
- Inform the Town of Langenburg of any damage, vandalism or theft of the cart. It is important to note the serial number stamped on the cart placed at your residence.
- You are responsible for your cart so PLEASE TAKE CARE OF IT.