Do you know that community can grow, be healthy and vibrant just if it has dedicated people who care about the place where they live! Get involved into community life and give back to the community you live in. You will have opportunity to develop new skills, build experience and knowledge, meet new people and make a big difference to the people around you.
Some ideas how you can be involved:
Volunteer your time (join local non-profit groups & organizations and help them serve community):
- Langenburg Arts Council. Contact: Jan Layh, 306-496-7055.
- Langenburg Public Library. Contact: Marion Firby, 306-730-8793.
- Langenburg & District Activity Centre
- Langenburg New Horizons Seniors
- Langenburg Rink Committee. Contact: email@example.com
- Langenburg Language Club is looking for board members. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Langenburg Swimming Pool Committee is looking for members. Contact: email@example.com
- Langenburg Newcomers Welcome Committee is looking for Mentors. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meals on Wheels. More information.
- Join one of five Langenburg Churche's Boards or their groups
- Give seniors a ride to hospitals and health centers. If you can help, let churches know.
Volunteer your resources:
- Family & Friends Community Foundation Inc. - collects donations and give back to the community where funds are needed.
Langenburg Swimming Pool Committee - collects donations for brand new outdoor pool. Contact: email@example.com
- Christmas Hampers - food and household items for pure people in the region. Donations are accepted on November - December in various Town places.
- Newcomers Welcoming Committee - household items for people who moved here recently.
Buy from local stores, vendors and use local services. LCDB runs Shop Local campaign. Check it out here.
Organize your own events or open non-profit organization:
Think about special young mom's, kids events or putting together goodie baskets for hospitals and retirement homes. If you want to open non-profit organization, check for funding opportunities.