Community Development Officer
Applications are currently being accepted for the position of Community Development Officer. This is 12 month contract PART-TIME position beginning March 1st, 2017.
The 12 month contract position starting March 1st, 2017 is a PART-TIME position that shall attract and promote community and economic development opportunities and to advise the Langenburg Community Development Board on matters relating to community economic development. We are seeking an individual with the vision, energy and perseverance to develop new initiatives and continue with the current projects and programs. The CDO will work closely with the Langenburg Community Development Board and Councils of the RM of Langenburg and the Town of Langenburg.
The successful applicant will have:
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce, economic development or other
- Discipline related to economic development or equivalent expertise
- Two years of experience in economic development, industry associations, or in a business management position
- Experience in the business sector, working with industry, and understanding of competitive factors in the context of the Saskatchewan economy.
- Innovative self-starter with a proven ability to organize, prioritize and complete tasks and projects promptly and efficiently
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with the Langenburg Community Development Board, Town & RM Councils, staff, committees, local businesses and the general public
- Familiarity with business marketing, promotion and development
- Must possess good oral and written communication and public relations skills
- Must be assertive, creative and a leader
Salary and benefits will depend on qualifications, education and experience
Deadline for application is February 15th, 2017. Please submit a cover letter, resume and references to:
Langenburg Community Development BoardCommunity Development Officer PositionAttn: Kaylea SimpsonBox 159Langenburg SK S0A 2A0Phone: (306)743-5177Email: email@example.com
For more employment opportunuties in and around Langenburg, click HERE.